Strawberry-Banana Protein Smoothie
Greek yogurt and nut butter boost protein, and ground flaxseed adds omega-3s in this fresh fruit smoothie recipe. Use ice cubes if you like a frosty smoothie or opt for water if you don’t want it so cold.
1 serving | Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup hulled strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/2 cup diced mango, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon natural nut butter, such as cashew or almond
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (flaxmeal)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ice cubes or 1/2 cup water
- Combine strawberries, banana, mango, yogurt, nut butter, flaxmeal, vanilla and ice cubes (or water) in a blender. Puree until smooth.
Per serving : 359 Calories; 14 g Fat; 2 g Sat; 6 g Mono; 6 mg Cholesterol; 46 g Carbohydrates; 19 g Protein; 10 g Fiber; 85 mg Sodium; 917 mg Potassium
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit, 1/2 nonfat milk, 2 1/2 fat
Article courtesy of www.eatingwell.com