“Get Your Orange” Flax Smoothie
About 3 cups for 2, 1 1/2-cup servings | Active Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups frozen peach slices
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- Combine peaches, carrot juice, orange juice, flaxseed and ginger in blender; blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Per serving : 209 Calories; 4 g Fat; 0 g Sat; 1 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 41 g Carbohydrates; 5 g Protein; 6 g Fiber; 38 mg Sodium; 964 mg Potassium
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Look for ground flaxseeds (or flaxmeal) in the natural-foods section of large supermarkets or in natural-foods stores. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Article courtesy of www.eatingwell.com