Spiked with ginger, this smoothie is guaranteed to perk you up after a long bike ride or make a nice starter to a summer meal on the deck. For a more aromatic variation, use a cantaloupe instead of a honeydew melon.
2 servings, 1 cup each | Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled kiwi, (1 large)
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice, (see Ingredient Note)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup lemon sorbet
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place ingredients in the order listed in a blender. Pulse three times to chop the fruit, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Per serving : 136 Calories; 0 g Fat; 0 g Sat; 0 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 34 g Carbohydrates; 1 g Protein; 3 g Fiber; 28 mg Sodium; 408 mg Potassium
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 fruit
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Bottled ginger juice is available in most health-food stores and gourmet markets—or make your own by squeezing chopped fresh ginger through a garlic press or piece of cheesecloth.
Article courtesy of www.www.eatingwell.com