Coconut-Blueberry Green Smoothie
Chia (or hemp) seeds add healthy omega-3 fats, fiber and a little protein for an extra nutritional boost in this healthy smoothie recipe. Look for chia seeds near whole-grain flours and/or nuts and seeds.
1 serving | Active Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup lightly packed baby spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia or hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar (optional)
- Combine blueberries, spinach, coconut milk, yogurt, chia (or hemp) and maple syrup (or agave), if using, in a blender. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice.
Per serving : 250 Calories; 11 g Fat; 7 g Sat; 0 g Mono; 8 mg Cholesterol; 25 g Carbohydrates; 12 g Protein; 7 g Fiber; 208 mg Sodium; 231 mg Potassium
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 reduced-fat milk, 1 1/2 fat
Article courtesy of www.eatingwell.com