Citrus Berry Smoothie
This meal-in-a-glass smoothie is bursting with berries and orange juice, healthful sources of carbohydrate and powerful antioxidants. Getting plenty of antioxidant-rich foods makes sense for active people, since free radicals are produced any time the body’s cells process oxygen.
1 smoothie, about 2 cups | Active Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups fresh berries
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place berries, yogurt, orange juice, dry milk, wheat germ, honey and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth.
Per serving : 432 Calories; 3 g Fat; 2 g Sat; 0 g Mono; 15 mg Cholesterol; 77 g Carbohydrates; 20 g Protein; 7 g Fiber; 250 mg Sodium; 617 mg Potassium
4 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 fruit, 2 low-fat milk
Article courtesy of www.eatingwell.com